Freedom Rydaz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Has Facebook killed the forum?
Sv rebuild EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 am by CraigB

» Yamaha R1 Back in Black
Sv rebuild EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm by RedZ

» Had my first proper off... On track
Sv rebuild EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm by Dam0n

» Couple of wheelie pics...
Sv rebuild EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am by RedZ

» Harder accelleration
Sv rebuild EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 am by Dam0n

» Brightonia sunday 10th October
Sv rebuild EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:42 am by guitarman

» Hi all - another addition to the 125 massive
Sv rebuild EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 pm by BADWOLF

» big ride out today sunday 11th
Sv rebuild EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm by CraigB

» Tattoo Convention
Sv rebuild EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 am by RedZ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Sv rebuild

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shiver
shiver

Male Age : 39
Capricorn Rat

Sv rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Sv rebuild   Sv rebuild EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Well the time has come and now the star ship enterprise has came to an end and needs a fresh lease of life. Ive been thinking this over from months and could never come up with a colour or what to do with her but at last things are rolling and im hoping for a quick turn around only time will tell.

before
Sv rebuild P1030226

Took her off the road on Tuesday and stripped all the body work off with the spare tank for painting. In the mean time i got these:D
Sv rebuild P1030531

Tonight i set to work stripping all the bits off ready for powder coating in the morning. heres how it looked .
Sv rebuild P1030530
Sv rebuild P1030537
Sv rebuild P1030539

Lots of fighting with knackered old bolts so need to get new ones ordered tomorrow as well as making sense of the loom and where to put it lol. I don't have Abba stands of anything like that so made use of a car jack, bag of sharp sand, bricks and an old computer unit:w00t:
Sv rebuild P1030542

Heres my what im left with to meet mv-woodster for the powder coating so lots of rust removal relocating wires and tarting up to do over the next few days.
Sv rebuild P1030543
Back to top Go down
shiver
shiver

Capricorn Rat

Sv rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sv rebuild   Sv rebuild EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Had a slow moving day today getting the frame all ready for spraying aswell as attacking rust on the chain adjustment plates, various nuts and bolt heads.

im missing afew pictures as was too busy cracking on with the work but managed to clean up the calipers for painting but im not happy with the finish of the black satin so thatll be redone at some point in the week

before
Sv rebuild P1030544
after
Sv rebuild P1030551

the fork legs looked abit pitted and worn so i sanded filled and repainted
Sv rebuild P1030549

the frame being worked on
Sv rebuild P1030547

and the finish product
Sv rebuild P1030550

once the lacquer has cured ill be setting to work on rubbing it all down with compound to get the silver spot on but now i need to work out what to do with the engine as its looking pretty dirty now the frame is fresh again.
Back to top Go down
shiver
shiver

Capricorn Rat

Sv rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sv rebuild   Sv rebuild EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:21 pm

you can see the gsxr shock is a little bit longer than the sv one and wider so you need to order a new bolt for the gsxr shock. it dropped in nice and easy havnt got a clue about the clearance with the battery box yet as my sub frame is away so got to wait for that.

Sv rebuild P1030556
Sv rebuild P1030557
Sv rebuild P1030558

not really got much else done due to waiting on the parts back from powder coating apart from more painting worn bits and polishing so next update should be Wednesday night
Back to top Go down
shiver
shiver

Capricorn Rat

Sv rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sv rebuild   Sv rebuild EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:22 pm

Well today has been fun got even more new bits a dark tint screen spark plugs and medium renthal grips:D

Sv rebuild P1030567

Got a call from mv-woodster that my wheels and parts were back from the coaters and ill be getting them at 8pm. Didnt get back to the garage till 9 so had a mad 2 hour build and heres how far i got.

fresh wheels
Sv rebuild P1030568

more bits painted
Sv rebuild P1030569

Mmmmm powder coat
Sv rebuild P1030572

Sv rebuild P1030571
Sv rebuild P1030570

there is still loads more to clean paint and get ready but at least its getting back together again
Back to top Go down
shiver
shiver

Capricorn Rat

Sv rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sv rebuild   Sv rebuild EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:22 pm

Tonight was good but slow moving i didn't realise how much i had taken off of the bike until i emptied the jar of screws:w00t: The painter turned up with all the body work and looks the nuts shame the lighting inside doesn't give it justice.

Got to work sorting out my brakes had to fit a banjo pressure sensor for the rear brake light as the old spring one doesnt work on the rear sets it all needs testing and adjusting bu can be done once the build is finished.

Sv rebuild P1030574

the tank was a pain trying to get everything back on it without marking it then once it was on i forgot to flush it out so off it came again i was not impressed. this picture came out well you get a good idea of what the paint looks like in person.

Sv rebuild P1030575

after what felt like all night i managed to sort out all the headlight loom which now has the h.i.d loom in it aswell and made sense of it to get it all tucked away and neat. got most of the front end back on

Sv rebuild P1030579

will be back to work on her tomorrow once im back from swimming fingers crossed ill get all the front sorted and start on that subframe.
Back to top Go down
shiver
shiver

Capricorn Rat

Sv rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sv rebuild   Sv rebuild EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Well it shows i couldnt think of anything other than the bike i got all of 4 hours sleep:hehe: was back on it at 9am getting on with the loom trying to work out where it all went lol.

Now it was back on the wheels i could get to the header without breaking my back and finished off polishing it

Sv rebuild P1030587

The battery box did need abit of trimming to get the clearance from the piggy bakc of the rear shock but luckily it was just a bit of trim on the front which must shield it from crap. once that was gone it slotted in nicely and doesnt foul the battery or subframe.

Sv rebuild P1030597

had a little visitor
Sv rebuild P1030582

heres afew pictures of some steps of the build up until its finished all thats left now is a good clean and wax.

Sv rebuild P1030584
Sv rebuild P1030585
Sv rebuild P1030586
Sv rebuild P1030588
Sv rebuild P1030590
Sv rebuild P1030594
Sv rebuild P1030598
all done and needs dusting
Sv rebuild P1030592

p.s the mirrors are on order
Back to top Go down
Dam0n
Prospect
Prospect
Dam0n

Male Age : 33
Leo Horse

Sv rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sv rebuild   Sv rebuild EmptySun May 02, 2010 3:58 am

Good effort. Looks like you did a really good job there.

How does the gixxer shock feel in comparison to the old sv one? Does it make the tail any higher?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifepersonaltraining.co.uk
shiver
shiver

Capricorn Rat

Sv rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sv rebuild   Sv rebuild EmptySun May 02, 2010 5:17 am

hard to tell really i rode it for 1 mile getting it home from the garage and im not going out in the rain Sad

the back end is about 15-20mm higher ill be getting new fork springs and then getting a suspension set up done
Back to top Go down
Freedom Rydaz
The Board
The Board
Freedom Rydaz

Sv rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sv rebuild   Sv rebuild EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:03 am

Well done!! Great rebuild bro, Damon asked the question I was going to ask about the shock, you gotta give us a full report when you get the suspension set up (please Very Happy )

Are the rear sets by 'Diamond Racing'?
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Male Age : 35
Aries Snake

Sv rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sv rebuild   Sv rebuild EmptyThu May 06, 2010 2:40 pm

great work! u put in a lot of effort and it shows!
are you gonna have mirrors on it or not? if you are, look into the GSXR ones with integrated turn signals, quite clean Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bikepics.com/members/pre/
Sponsored content

Sv rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sv rebuild   Sv rebuild Empty

Back to top Go down

Sv rebuild
Page 1 of 1