Freedom Rydaz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Has Facebook killed the forum?
Had my first proper off... On track EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 am by CraigB

» Yamaha R1 Back in Black
Had my first proper off... On track EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm by RedZ

» Had my first proper off... On track
Had my first proper off... On track EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm by Dam0n

» Couple of wheelie pics...
Had my first proper off... On track EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am by RedZ

» Harder accelleration
Had my first proper off... On track EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 am by Dam0n

» Brightonia sunday 10th October
Had my first proper off... On track EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:42 am by guitarman

» Hi all - another addition to the 125 massive
Had my first proper off... On track EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 pm by BADWOLF

» big ride out today sunday 11th
Had my first proper off... On track EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm by CraigB

» Tattoo Convention
Had my first proper off... On track EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 am by RedZ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Had my first proper off... On track

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dam0n
Prospect
Prospect
Dam0n

Male Age : 33
Leo Horse

Had my first proper off... On track Empty
PostSubject: Had my first proper off... On track   Had my first proper off... On track EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:08 am

Managed to highside coming off clearways at brands hatch on monday morning 8O

I was running full wets and they just seemed to grip, grip and then without warning let go. All I really remember is seeing the back wheel on my left hand side followed by me being chucked over the thing. I hit the ground head first and then got hit in the chest by the bike. Rolling Eyes

I was out cold for what seemed like a second (but was later told I didnt move for at least 20 seconds) when I woke up and struggeled for breath. I picked myself up and to my surprise answered the marhsalls questions correctly. They asked if I needed to go to the medicentre and no was my answer. Staggered back to the paddock and sat down with a cup of tea. I couldn't hear or see much at all. The edges of my vision were completely blurred and I had 2 blurred rings right in the center. I must have been talking gibberish (even more than usual) as after attempting to talk to one of my friends he promptly took me to the medicentre. I sat down, had another cup of tea and then vomited in the sink Neutral

They wisked me away on my lovely new wheelchair to the local hospital where I was signed in and was left to be seen. 10 minutes passed and I needed to be sick again. Luckily I had the cardboard sick bowl that I had been using as a hat for the past 30mins Laughing

Stood up and walked to the coffee machine where I preceeded to empty my stomach. I think I must have passed out again as I don't really remember much until I woke up with a neck and head brace on, strapped to a trolley. I was injected with anti-sickness drugs and rushed for a Xray followed by a CT scan. I was starting to feel a bit better after the CT scan and was sitting up and openeing my eyes. An hour later and I was talking sipping tea and wanting to go home :mrgreen:

At a guess I was doing around 80 - 100mph when I highsided. I was pretty much on the straight and had been on full throttle for a couple of seconds. Scary stuff eh...

They doctors said that If it wasn't for my back AND chest protector (the bike hit me in the chest) I probably wouldn't be here right now. So anyone who does any kind of trackdays bare this in mind. It's money will spent.

Was running 56/57s in the wet (which is in the top 5 of the fast group) so I'm getting faster 🆙

My gear after the off...

Had my first proper off... On track 40716_10150282064615497_784455496_15279385_375800_n

Had my first proper off... On track 33913_10150282064975497_784455496_15279391_3193316_n

Had my first proper off... On track 33577_10150282065250497_784455496_15279394_3831480_n

Ride safe,

Damon
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifepersonaltraining.co.uk
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O
RedZ

Male Location : Portmore

PostSubject: Re: Had my first proper off... On track   Had my first proper off... On track EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:58 am

DAMN!!! Had no idea fam! This is exactly (almost) the same as my off, mine was leaving the straight and entering Paddock Hill bend, bike hit my chest same sort of speed but i had NO chest protector and resulted in the shattered sternum, a VERY close call with death when you understand what the sternum protects. I wish i had passed out but i didnt the pain was incredible so i feel for you, WELL DONE for wearing all the gear bro, I gotta ask HOW IS THE BIKE??
Back to top Go down
https://freedomrydaz.forumotion.net
Dam0n
Prospect
Prospect
Dam0n

Male Age : 33
Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Had my first proper off... On track   Had my first proper off... On track EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm

It's never good. Mine was painful enough even with the gear. Can't imagine how it felt for you. The main hit was to my head though. It's taken me weeks to get back to normal.

It wasn't my bike I was on. I have consiquently (sp?) bought the bike so I now own a crash damaged 2001 R1. Sold my 99 r1 and bought it as a track toy. I'm gonna rebuild it for next season.

I'm currently looking out for a supermoto for my new road bike. Can't wait!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifepersonaltraining.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had my first proper off... On track   Had my first proper off... On track Empty

Back to top Go down

Had my first proper off... On track
Page 1 of 1