Freedom Rydaz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Has Facebook killed the forum?
Harder accelleration EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 am by CraigB

» Yamaha R1 Back in Black
Harder accelleration EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm by RedZ

» Had my first proper off... On track
Harder accelleration EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm by Dam0n

» Couple of wheelie pics...
Harder accelleration EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am by RedZ

» Harder accelleration
Harder accelleration EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 am by Dam0n

» Brightonia sunday 10th October
Harder accelleration EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:42 am by guitarman

» Hi all - another addition to the 125 massive
Harder accelleration EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 pm by BADWOLF

» big ride out today sunday 11th
Harder accelleration EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm by CraigB

» Tattoo Convention
Harder accelleration EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 am by RedZ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Harder accelleration

Go down 
+6
Afro
S I N C E R R E
PRE
BADWOLF
SMF_12
RedZ
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O
RedZ

Male Location : Portmore

Harder accelleration Empty
PostSubject: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:15 pm

As powerfull as my R1 was, I wanted it to pull harder off the lights and easier to wheelie. To achieve this over a period of time these are the changes I made.

I changed the gearing by buying Renthal sprockets going up 2 teeth at the rear and down 1 tooth on the front sprocket. These were easy to change using the workshop manual and no special tools were needed (used my socket set) until I tried to remove the front sprocket, i needed an air wrench for that! This made a bg differance but I wanted more.

I changed my can for a de cat full race system (I would of done this regardless) I now run a Leo Vince system.

I changed my stock air filter for a K&N filter, it is debaitable as to how much if any increase is made from this.

I run velocity stacks which give the bike a great sound Cool and combined with the exhaust and power commander (correctly mapped) gave a serious power boost, far more than i had expected.

My bike now pulls like it should king and the front is light whilst still being able to ride hard without getting air every second.
Back to top Go down
https://freedomrydaz.forumotion.net
SMF_12
Forum Member
Forum Member
SMF_12

Male Age : 26
Sagittarius Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:21 pm

can you do the same to the nissan? Laughing
Back to top Go down
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Male Age : 114
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:34 pm

think the power you have gained is probably about the same as my total output lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Male Age : 34
Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptyWed May 06, 2009 2:11 am

BADWOLF wrote:
think the power you have gained is probably about the same as my total output lol Very Happy

or my power output X5 lol

seriously i rate you for being able to ride that beast of a bike, that was by far the hardest thing ive ever tried to ride, its SO powerful!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bikepics.com/members/pre/
S I N C E R R E
C.E.O
C.E.O
S I N C E R R E

Male Age : 37
Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptyWed May 06, 2009 5:18 pm

PRE wrote:

or my power output X5 lol Very Happy

Just x5?!?!?! LOL you will get used to the bigger engines, its not difficult you just have to take a different approach to riding them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FreedomRydaz.co.uk
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptyThu May 07, 2009 1:41 am

S I N C E R E wrote:
PRE wrote:

or my power output X5 lol Very Happy

Just x5?!?!?! LOL you will get used to the bigger engines, its not difficult you just have to take a different approach to riding them.

of course bro, but your ninja was so much easier to ride!! i dunno if you have ridden the R1 but the power just hits you from the most minimal rev's
Back to top Go down
S I N C E R R E
C.E.O
C.E.O
S I N C E R R E

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptyThu May 07, 2009 4:53 am

Lol yeh Ive ridden the R1 few times now along with a couple of other thous... I really liked it it just felt more responsive than the Ninja, cant wait to get on one i love riding them, just makes me want more lol!
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:10 am

S I N C E R E wrote:
Lol yeh Ive ridden the R1 few times now along with a couple of other thous... I really liked it it just felt more responsive than the Ninja, cant wait to get on one i love riding them, just makes me want more lol!

sounds cool....ZX10 on your wishlist then?...or u gonna see sense and get a Fireblade haha cheers
Back to top Go down
S I N C E R R E
C.E.O
C.E.O
S I N C E R R E

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:14 am

a Blade certainly wouldnt be at the bottom of my wish list but it wouldnt be at the top either... i think theirs much more exciting bikes out there.... Maybe one day. Most hondas just dont do it for me, they seem DULL!
Back to top Go down
Afro
Forum Member
Forum Member
Afro

Male Location : Southend

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptySat May 30, 2009 7:48 pm

S I N C E R E wrote:
a Blade certainly wouldnt be at the bottom of my wish list but it wouldnt be at the top either... i think theirs much more exciting bikes out there.... Maybe one day. Most hondas just dont do it for me, they seem DULL!

04/05 ZX10R in black (yes only black will do mate...none of this blue business Very Happy although Kawi blue is nice
).

If you want the best of both worlds (mad power like ZX10R plus smoother ride) try an 05/06 GSX-R 1000.
Back to top Go down
dean carbon-gixxer
dean carbon-gixxer

Male Age : 39
Aries Rat

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:40 pm

I had the same model R1 as in the profile picture, i found it quick but i traded it in for the gsxr thou k6 its quicker top end and once dyno'd, aftermarket exhaust, k&n air filter and weight reduced with carbon it seems to be a beasty compared to the R1 i owned prior.
Back to top Go down
kneedown
Forum Member
Forum Member
kneedown

Male Age : 31
Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:29 pm

dean carbon-gixxer wrote:
I had the same model R1 as in the profile picture, i found it quick but i traded it in for the gsxr thou k6 its quicker top end and once dyno'd, aftermarket exhaust, k&n air filter and weight reduced with carbon it seems to be a beasty compared to the R1 i owned prior.

Nice of you to join us dean Smile
Back to top Go down
dean carbon-gixxer
dean carbon-gixxer

Male Age : 39
Aries Rat

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:54 am

Thanks kneedown im new to this group still trying to get my head around the web page though. do any of you know where i can purchase a FR decal sticker the same as the R1 profile picture but white?
Ii would be very gratefull if anyone knows.
TA
Back to top Go down
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Male Age : 114
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:29 pm

dean carbon-gixxer wrote:
Thanks kneedown im new to this group still trying to get my head around the web page though. do any of you know where i can purchase a FR decal sticker the same as the R1 profile picture but white?
Ii would be very gratefull if anyone knows.
TA

ask redz or sincerre they are the chaps to get what you need. also welcome along
Back to top Go down
Freedom Rydaz
The Board
The Board
Freedom Rydaz

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:41 am

Welcome along Dean, make sure you join our facebook page as well. In regards to screen stickers we are having some issues with supply as Kneedown will testify to, but we are on the case. The screen stickers are £8 and you can get one in white. I will make an announcement once things are ready.
Back to top Go down
Dam0n
Prospect
Prospect
Dam0n

Male Age : 33
Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 am

Next thing to do is get yourself a quick action throttle. Means you can hold it at full chat quicker and results in big acceleration increases IMO.

Must have mod for any big bike IMO
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifepersonaltraining.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harder accelleration   Harder accelleration Empty

Back to top Go down

Harder accelleration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freedom Rydaz :: Bike Related :: Sport Bikes-
Jump to: