Freedom Rydaz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Has Facebook killed the forum?
Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 am by CraigB

» Yamaha R1 Back in Black
Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm by RedZ

» Had my first proper off... On track
Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm by Dam0n

» Couple of wheelie pics...
Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am by RedZ

» Harder accelleration
Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 am by Dam0n

» Brightonia sunday 10th October
Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:42 am by guitarman

» Hi all - another addition to the 125 massive
Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 pm by BADWOLF

» big ride out today sunday 11th
Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm by CraigB

» Tattoo Convention
Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 am by RedZ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Squeaking back brake - should I worry?

Go down 
+3
shiver85
SMF_12
125Girl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
125Girl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Squeaking back brake - should I worry? Empty
PostSubject: Squeaking back brake - should I worry?   Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:59 am

Hi all,

Being a complete noob, I have a lot to learn and therefore might ask some really stupid questions!

My back brake on my YBR 125 has started squeaking, but works fine. I always check my brakes work before setting off anywhere.

But as neither me or my man having any experience with bikes - should I get these looked at? I have checked everything I can - ok levels of oil and brake fluid. Also checked the brake pad wear - according to the manual they should have plenty of wear left.

So am I being paraniod or should I get them looked at? scratch
Back to top Go down
SMF_12
Forum Member
Forum Member
SMF_12

Male Age : 26
Sagittarius Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking back brake - should I worry?   Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:54 am

could just be due to a build up of brake dust. could just need a clean.
Back to top Go down
shiver85
Forum Member
Forum Member
shiver85

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking back brake - should I worry?   Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:12 am

get a green pad and score the the pads and discs with it the put some copper slip grease on the back of the pads where it makes contact with the piston this will hopefully stop the noise or atleast reduce it
Back to top Go down
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O
RedZ

Male Location : Portmore

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking back brake - should I worry?   Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 7:17 am

NO, I wouldnt worry as long as they are still working same as before, not gone spongy or over sensitive.

BUT they are your brakes and It is worth investigating and following shivers advice should help, 'Put a SMALL dab of anti-seize or copper grease on the BACK of the pads wherever they make contact with the calipers but be very carefull not to get anything on the front of the pad'. Sometimes non manufacturer pads can squeak after a while. So it may be a case of changing them to OEM standard Yamaha ones.

If the bike has been recently purchased from a shop or the pads fitted, then take it back and tell them to sort it out or one of us can have a look when we meet for a ride Cool
Back to top Go down
https://freedomrydaz.forumotion.net
bikerbabe600
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator
bikerbabe600

Female Age : 59
Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking back brake - should I worry?   Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:38 pm

I've noticed the same thing with mine too....

I had new breaks fitted, front and rear, when she was serviced and MOT'd a few weeks ago. Should I contact Honda about it? or is it quite normal for breaks to do that just after been fitted?
Back to top Go down
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Male Age : 114
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking back brake - should I worry?   Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:12 pm

there are a few reasons for piggy sounding brakes. they will make noise if they are glazed over, this happens when you don't use them hard. using them softly doesn't heat them up enough to get the glaze off. to get it off the other way you can take the pads off and clean them with brake cleaner or rough the face up a bit on a curb stone.
brake dust build up makes it squeal as well. you'll need brake cleaner for that too. DON'T BREATH IN THE DUST.
when you put them back together put copper grease (high temp) on the back.
there is no danger with piggy brakes but they may drive you mad:D
Back to top Go down
bikerbabe600
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator
bikerbabe600

Female Age : 59
Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking back brake - should I worry?   Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks for the tip....but I wouldn't do that myself, hell no!!! I will bring it back to Honda they can deal with it

Smile
Back to top Go down
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Male Age : 114
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking back brake - should I worry?   Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:23 pm

lol its easy to do. bring it down here and I'll do it in my workshop (reads front room lol) or ask redz or smf
Back to top Go down
shiver85
Forum Member
Forum Member
shiver85

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking back brake - should I worry?   Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:14 am

dont worry about your pads bb600 they are new and take awhile to "bed" in mine were abit funny for 300miles so just keep riding and they will go away
Back to top Go down
S I N C E R R E
C.E.O
C.E.O
S I N C E R R E

Male Age : 37
Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking back brake - should I worry?   Squeaking back brake - should I worry? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 3:48 pm

Yeh i wouldnt worry too much about it... My front brakes squeek a little but when the bike is stored outside and you ride it every day its hard to prevent dust buildup and stuff...
As long as they are in good working order it is fine and its just annoying to have to hear the sound when you slow down at lights....
I would follow Shivers advice and hopefully that should do the trick!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FreedomRydaz.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking back brake - should I worry?   Squeaking back brake - should I worry? Empty

Back to top Go down

Squeaking back brake - should I worry?
Page 1 of 1