Freedom Rydaz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Has Facebook killed the forum?
Which hoops???? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 am by CraigB

» Yamaha R1 Back in Black
Which hoops???? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm by RedZ

» Had my first proper off... On track
Which hoops???? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm by Dam0n

» Couple of wheelie pics...
Which hoops???? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am by RedZ

» Harder accelleration
Which hoops???? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 am by Dam0n

» Brightonia sunday 10th October
Which hoops???? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:42 am by guitarman

» Hi all - another addition to the 125 massive
Which hoops???? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 pm by BADWOLF

» big ride out today sunday 11th
Which hoops???? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm by CraigB

» Tattoo Convention
Which hoops???? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 am by RedZ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Which hoops????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hairysteve
Forum Member
Forum Member
hairysteve

Male Location : Sutton

Which hoops???? Empty
PostSubject: Which hoops????   Which hoops???? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi there I am interested to get your views on the variety of hoops that everyone is using.

For example I am on Bridgestone BT016's and ride a GSXR750K7 which are great for a few thousand miles and give me a lot of smiles in the twisties Twisted Evil but as I commute on my babie they do square off and end up losing their feel. Clearly it is about compromise but I would value opinions around other hoops/experiences and thoughts.

Cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Male Age : 35
Aries Snake

Which hoops???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which hoops????   Which hoops???? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 1:44 pm

i run on michelin pilot sporty's, they are part of the michelin pilot range but for smaller bikes.
Probably the best mod i have done on my bike, gives me great grip in corners and they seem to be lasting pretty long!

The grip is so good i can effortlessly get the back wheel up even though my front tyre is a 90/80/17 Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.bikepics.com/members/pre/
SMF_12
Forum Member
Forum Member
SMF_12

Male Age : 26
Sagittarius Buffalo

Which hoops???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which hoops????   Which hoops???? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 2:40 pm

i like the conti road attacks, used them on my hornet 600 for commuting and ride outs, spent a whole day with badwolf scrubbing them in which was fun, and i evan got rid of the chicken stripes from the front tyre Laughing

maxxis sport tyres are getting good reviews and can be had for a good price.
Back to top Go down
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Male Age : 114
Pisces Dog

Which hoops???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which hoops????   Which hoops???? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:16 pm

SMF_12 wrote:
i like the conti road attacks, used them on my hornet 600 for commuting and ride outs, spent a whole day with badwolf scrubbing them in which was fun, and i evan got rid of the chicken stripes from the front tyre Laughing

maxxis sport tyres are getting good reviews and can be had for a good price.

haha that was a fun day. lost my gps and those mad roads that some on here wont look at. lol have you still got the picture of that car? lol
Back to top Go down
SMF_12
Forum Member
Forum Member
SMF_12

Sagittarius Buffalo

Which hoops???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which hoops????   Which hoops???? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 4:12 pm

i think i have the pics somewhere, and walking back on an busy A road, did we go to the central reservatin or not? i cant remember lol! Laughing
Back to top Go down
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O
RedZ

Male Location : Portmore

Which hoops???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which hoops????   Which hoops???? EmptySat May 09, 2009 3:58 pm

When I got my R1 it had dunlop 208's on it, I had a 190 50 on the rear, I was happy with them but when it was time to change I fancied trying Avon. I bought a set but went for a 180 55 on the rear, they were magical! It dipped into he corners and stuck like glue! When I changed these I kept to Avon but I wanted to try a wide tyre and managed to get a 200 that fits my rim, this was simply for looks but the handeling is still all good! I have yet to scrub the edges in but havent had much luck getting to ride recently. I am a Avon fan Very Happy

Hopefully Afro sees this as I really like the look of his tyres, they seem to have a minimal wall and a very round profile, cant remember what they are tho.

Tyres are very personal, but the width, wall size combined with the bikes set up will either mash up the handeling or vastly improve it like a differant bike.

Last edited by RedZ on Sat May 09, 2009 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://freedomrydaz.forumotion.net
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Pisces Dog

Which hoops???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which hoops????   Which hoops???? EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:07 pm

SMF_12 wrote:
i think i have the pics somewhere, and walking back on an busy A road, did we go to the central reservatin or not? i cant remember lol! Laughing

I think the road had an M in it lol and yes we did. post the pic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SMF_12
Forum Member
Forum Member
SMF_12

Sagittarius Buffalo

Which hoops???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which hoops????   Which hoops???? EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:59 pm

hold on a second... i walked across a motorway Shocked cooooooooooool lol!
Back to top Go down
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Pisces Dog

Which hoops???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which hoops????   Which hoops???? EmptySat May 09, 2009 6:17 pm

you had that dazed and confused look, very much like mine when I wake up in the mornings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SMF_12
Forum Member
Forum Member
SMF_12

Sagittarius Buffalo

Which hoops???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which hoops????   Which hoops???? EmptySat May 09, 2009 6:25 pm

wow u wake up in the morning? i usualy get up in the afternoon lol!

anyways... back to tyre talk....

conti road attack - love them

dunflop d207 - hate them unless its for non stop burn outs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Which hoops???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which hoops????   Which hoops???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which hoops????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freedom Rydaz :: Bike Related :: Sport Bikes-