Freedom Rydaz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Has Facebook killed the forum?
things in the bike world that wind me up EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 am by CraigB

» Yamaha R1 Back in Black
things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm by RedZ

» Had my first proper off... On track
things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm by Dam0n

» Couple of wheelie pics...
things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am by RedZ

» Harder accelleration
things in the bike world that wind me up EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 am by Dam0n

» Brightonia sunday 10th October
things in the bike world that wind me up EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:42 am by guitarman

» Hi all - another addition to the 125 massive
things in the bike world that wind me up EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 pm by BADWOLF

» big ride out today sunday 11th
things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm by CraigB

» Tattoo Convention
things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 am by RedZ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

things in the bike world that wind me up

Go down 
+4
RedZ
PRE
S I N C E R R E
BADWOLF
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Male Age : 114
Pisces Dog

things in the bike world that wind me up Empty
PostSubject: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 9:00 pm

people that say "sports bike" and don't even know what half the sports, bikes are in! there is more than just TT and GP ya know!
also stands in photos. why don't they just use the one the bike came with or will the bike fall over? to me I think they look stupid with a bike in the middle of nowhere up on a stand! think real world, how many times have you taken your stand out for a ride to boxhill or hastings or even the shops? im guessing never (i know I haven't).
and another thing why do women wear high heels and put them on the petrol tanks and stuff. don't they realise it costs money when they scratch it up.
Back to top Go down
S I N C E R R E
C.E.O
C.E.O
S I N C E R R E

Male Age : 37
Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:21 am

Dont you think your being slightly picky?? People call them sportsbikes because thats what they are... You dont need to know what sports they are in to know its a sportsbike!! There are plenty of other things i know nothing about but i could still tell you what they are called....

I get what your saying about the photos of bikes on stands, i guess its just personal preference, i think photos of bikes on stands look better than bikes on their normal side stands because i just prefer that viewing angle and it looks cool...

As for women with their heels.... affraid im with you 100%.... but to be truthful no woman should be putting her feet up on MY bikes tank with or without heels on!!!

Women that generally lounge around on bikes sitting on them with their high heels on and underwear.... they wouldnt ride it like that... put some leathers on and its all good! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FreedomRydaz.co.uk
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Male Age : 35
Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:24 am

i do remember seeing a video of 2 girls on a 600 supersport riding in bikini's...that was quite mad!!

i kinda like photo's of bikes with paddock stands, i think they look way cool!
and girls on bikes?! when has that never looked good Razz

but one thing i really dislike about the bike world is a lot of people on forums who have narrow minded and rude opinions...
on one or 2 other forums i have seen ppl vent their own anger and snobbery for no apparent reason! especially, as Jason knows, with regards to modifying...people dont always appreciate what you've done and will always try to put you down for that. ah well guess thats what makes FRF different! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bikepics.com/members/pre/
S I N C E R R E
C.E.O
C.E.O
S I N C E R R E

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:28 am

PRE wrote:
ah well i guess thats what makes FRF different! Very Happy

AMEN!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FreedomRydaz.co.uk
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O
RedZ

Male Location : Portmore

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:01 am

PRE wrote:

i kinda like photo's of bikes with paddock stands, i think they look way cool!
and girls on bikes?! when has that never looked good Razz

but one thing i really dislike about the bike world is a lot of people on forums who have narrow minded and rude opinions... Very Happy

I'm with Pre ALL the way! king
Back to top Go down
https://freedomrydaz.forumotion.net
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:51 am

I hear you both. Very Happy
the paddock stands have always looked odd to me as I see them as a tool for the garage or "paddock" (not horse lol) so look out of place..
girls on bikes always look good but I see heels on paint..... eek
with modding there will always be a them and us. but that's true of most things tho

'snobbery' when I read that I had monty p flash back "shrubbery" (holy grail). lol

I don't think im being picky with the "sports bike" thing! its just that there's so much more out there. take a look at the car world. I used to race a drag car and you couldn't just say its a "sports car" do you get me?! don't get me wrong I like most motorized sports but some bore the pants off me, so when someone says "i ride a sports bike" and I ask them what sport? it world be nice for them to know what sport their bike would be from! it would be easier if they had the bike with them to see instead of the car!
maybe I am picky but its nice to have knowledge of what you ride, surely.
if asked what I ride I tell them its a supermoto because sportsbike doesn't tell them anything. that's life I guess lol
Back to top Go down
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O
RedZ

Male Location : Portmore

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:38 am

I hear you on the 'sports bike' aspect, people do use the term to describe a fully faired (moto GP) style bike. When infact ANY bike used in sports be it moto cross, moto GP, grasstrack or whatever, IS by definition a 'sports bike'.
Back to top Go down
https://freedomrydaz.forumotion.net
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:00 am

RedZ wrote:
I hear you on the 'sports bike' aspect, people do use the term to describe a fully faired (moto GP) style bike. When infact ANY bike used in sports be it moto cross, moto GP, grasstrack or whatever, IS by definition a 'sports bike'.

exactly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:34 am

its the current bike culture that will automatically assume a sportbike is a full faired track performance machine like current 600's and 1000's. if sumone says to me they have a sportbike i will automatically assume things like R1's ninja's etc and rightly so becuase i have yet to meet say a enduro-rider who says they have a sportbike.

But if you can call you bike a supermoto wat would someone with a ZX6R or a fireblade call their bikes? By definition i think a 600cc is a SuperSport and 1000cc is a SuperBike, but i mean supersport/superbike/sportbike are all similar words so noone really bothers getting too fussed about it!
Back to top Go down
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyFri May 01, 2009 8:51 am

see with me I don't assume things like that. when someone says sports bike im interested enough to ask what sport! they could be into hill climbing, ice racing, fmx or anything, so I ask. nowt wrong with that. its like when someone says they like sport, you ask them what sport they like turns out it football. nothing wrong with that just narrows it down a bit.
I blame my almost exwife with all this. cos she was ranked 3 in her country for hammer throwing. then over here running marathons and now getting back to hammer. so with that I'll always ask a bit more as you never know what peeps are gonna say.
Back to top Go down
Afro
Forum Member
Forum Member
Afro

Male Location : Southend

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:23 pm

Sports bike technically describes a certain category of bike.

You have the Super Sports bike, typically with an engine around 600cc in capacity and fully faired...Then you have the Super Bike which is typically 1000cc...Anything with an engine capacity above is usually called a Hyper Sports.

Ahh I found this Wikipedia article

As for women and high heels on bikes....If she wanted a ride...no problem...If she wanted a ride on the bike...no way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:26 pm

Afro wrote:
As for women and high heels on bikes....If she wanted a ride...no problem...If she wanted a ride on the bike...no way Very Happy

haha! ahh afro u joka
Back to top Go down
SMF_12
Forum Member
Forum Member
SMF_12

Male Age : 26
Sagittarius Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Paddock stand pics rule!!!

things in the bike world that wind me up 24062007567

evan when you just changed your tyres for commuting Rolling Eyes

lol!
Back to top Go down
Dam0n
Prospect
Prospect
Dam0n

Male Age : 33
Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:44 am

BADWOLF wrote:

I blame my almost exwife with all this. cos she was ranked 3 in her country for hammer throwing. then over here running marathons and now getting back to hammer. .

mate, one word of warning. Dont piss her off in B&Q what ever you do...
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifepersonaltraining.co.uk
tommy

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 8:27 am

paddock stands are very useful for ANY biker, it allows you to check things like brakes,, chains, rear suspention, bearings and clean the bike properly, your not supposed to take them to bike meets, for servicing and also....................in the paddocks for the same reasons as above! Very Happy i dont know ow people do without them to be honest!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: things in the bike world that wind me up   things in the bike world that wind me up Empty

Back to top Go down

things in the bike world that wind me up
Page 1 of 1