Freedom Rydaz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Has Facebook killed the forum?
Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 am by CraigB

» Yamaha R1 Back in Black
Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm by RedZ

» Had my first proper off... On track
Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm by Dam0n

» Couple of wheelie pics...
Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am by RedZ

» Harder accelleration
Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 am by Dam0n

» Brightonia sunday 10th October
Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:42 am by guitarman

» Hi all - another addition to the 125 massive
Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 pm by BADWOLF

» big ride out today sunday 11th
Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm by CraigB

» Tattoo Convention
Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 am by RedZ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?

Go down 
+3
BADWOLF
PRE
RedZ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O
RedZ

Male Location : Portmore

Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? Empty
PostSubject: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 1:00 pm

Obviously depends on experience and confidence, many people reccommend the CBR600 as its very forgiving and an easy bike to ride. But I have noticed that naked bikes are very popular, not sure if this is cost alone or looks but i have known people who started on naked bikes and moved onto fully faired sports bikes after gaining confidence. is that not a waste of time? Surely it would make more sense to buy the sports bike and done with it? But with that said and done, I do like the look of this Yamaha MT 03 600cc naked bike Cool
Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? Yamaha10
Back to top Go down
https://freedomrydaz.forumotion.net
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Male Age : 35
Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 1:09 pm

i was just going to say CBR600...not the RR version but the F versions, they got a good reputation as easy to ride sportbikes.
Another popular one is the Suzuki SV650S, which you can pick up quite cheap as well!

I think naked's have popularity just because new riders may drop a bike more...and having to replace plastic panels that cost £40 each gets expensive after a while!! In naked bikes the MT-03 is pretty cool, another popular one is the Honda Hornet, the new shape Hornet is pretty good looking and has the old CBR600RR engine so its not short on speed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bikepics.com/members/pre/
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Male Age : 114
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 2:09 pm

its funny you say about going straight for the "sports bike". but not everyone wonts to look the same as everyone else! my first big bike was a buell xb9sx second is the ktm sm.
it really doesn't matter what bike you get as long as you enjoy it. for me I wouldn't get a japanese bike as they just don't do it for me, in fact they leave me cold. but lots of people love them guess im the black sheep in a sea of white Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 3:58 pm

BADWOLF wrote:
its funny you say about going straight for the "sports bike". but not everyone wonts to look the same as everyone else! my first big bike was a buell xb9sx second is the ktm sm.
it really doesn't matter what bike you get as long as you enjoy it. for me I wouldn't get a japanese bike as they just don't do it for me, in fact they leave me cold. but lots of people love them guess im the black sheep in a sea of white Very Happy

Saj was telling me today about your buell and how you can do 1-finger stoppies with that huuge front disk!!
Back to top Go down
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 5:28 pm

lol ita so true. Very Happy did he tell you the time he had a go in his driveway? he got it up about 3 ft and traveled about 4 ft all with 1 finger. just a shame he stalled it as we were pissing ourselves laughing. hehe I would deffo get another. a lot of the tec from buell is now being done by the japanese but not the brakes..... yet
Back to top Go down
S I N C E R R E
C.E.O
C.E.O
S I N C E R R E

Male Age : 37
Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Really and truely it comes down to personal preference of what the individual biker wants and likes. Me personally i cant stand streetfighters.... i know Saj will hate me for that one but thats just my personal taste so i would never go for one. Also i guess it depends what you will be using the bike for, if you are planning to use the bike for track days, general social road riding, or commuting, or even all three, that could influence the decision. Most people though, lets be honest, when choosing their first bike will base a BIG part of that choice on looks.... I would say, it doesnt matter what bike you get, there is no best bike. If you are a first time rider, get what you want... You WILL learn to ride that bike anyway!!
When i first passed my DA and i jumped on the Ninja people told me it wasnt learner friendly and bla bla bla, and people have ridden it and said its not as comfortable to ride as a CBR or as easy going as the GSXR but it was my first bike so it was what i was used to...
Thats just my 2 pennys worth!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FreedomRydaz.co.uk
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 6:25 pm

that's so true. I chose my buell on the sound of it!!! lol well I heard one start up and pull away and loved the sound it made.
as for the supermoto its all me really. its a hooligan very antisocial. it'll do road to dirt and back without slowing and then the jumps. oh the looks on peeps faces when you ride stairs lol speeding up for speed bumps. lol for me its where and how can I get there not speed. my ktm will only do 106 and when you think about it in this country max is 70. but on a moto its not top end you think about.

but could you imagin what the world would be like if we all liked the same bikes? I think it would be a nightmare personified. lol
so for me im pleased you don't like streetfighters but like the plastic bikes lol
I love sumo, streetfighter and custom. that's because im me and we are all different Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O
RedZ

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:53 am

It is refreshing to read your posts guys, i started the post for this reason, infact I started the forum for this reason. On another forum i mentioned i was planning to stretch my R1 and put a 240 tyre on the rear and people went nuts,saying how can you ruin all the technology put into the bike, youll ruin the handeling etc!!
Your bike is your choice and this forum is set up to reflect that. I love custom sport bikes and cruisers, choppers, some street fighters. I dont like race reps, cruisers with sadle bags and studs, stock harleys etc

To rephrase the original question:
What bike would you recommend as a good bike to get after passing your test?

Why not just go out and buy your dream bike instead of wasting time and money on something else?
Back to top Go down
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:57 am

RedZ wrote:
It is refreshing to read your posts guys, i started the post for this reason, infact I started the forum for this reason. On another forum i mentioned i was planning to stretch my R1 and put a 240 tyre on the rear and people went nuts,saying how can you ruin all the technology put into the bike, youll ruin the handeling etc!!
Your bike is your choice and this forum is set up to reflect that. I love custom sport bikes and cruisers, choppers, some street fighters. I dont like race reps, cruisers with sadle bags and studs, stock harleys etc

To rephrase the original question:
What bike would you recommend as a good bike to get after passing your test?

Why not just go out and buy your dream bike instead of wasting time and money on something else?

dude, just for this post you deserve a pint of your choice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:42 am

yeah i agree with what u said Jason, Thats why i cant wait for our first big rideout, if we get a bunch of us lot together imagine seeing a group of bikers as diverse from 600's, 1000's, fighters, 125's, supermoto's, and even a bicycle for Saj!!! lol
Back to top Go down
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:43 pm

that would be funny to see Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S I N C E R R E
C.E.O
C.E.O
S I N C E R R E

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 5:09 pm

RedZ wrote:

Personally i couldnt afford to buy my dream bike otherwise i would have it lol!! I would want a 1000+ but to go straight onto that after passing your test would be a little bit silly so i guess sometimes we just have to put up with things!
Back to top Go down
SMF_12
Forum Member
Forum Member
SMF_12

Male Age : 26
Sagittarius Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:09 pm

most people like SV's cos there cheap n chearfull bikes. I started with the hornet cos its made of win!!

Quote :
he got it up about 3 ft and traveled about 4 ft all with 1 finger. just a shame he stalled it as we were pissing ourselves laughing

that was funny as hell, first time on a buell, just before i got my licanse Laughing

Quote :
Me personally i cant stand streetfighters.... i know Saj will hate me for that one but thats just my personal taste so i would never go for one.

thats it... get out and dont come back lol
im cool with it mate, its each to their own (but if they dont like the same as me they have no taste hehe)

Quote :
and even a bicycle for Saj!!! lol

I get soo much recognition lool now who has a grabrail that i can hold onto on this rideout then?

lol!
Back to top Go down
S I N C E R R E
C.E.O
C.E.O
S I N C E R R E

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 4:23 am

SMF_12 wrote:
im cool with it mate, its each to their own (but if they dont like the same as me they have no taste hehe)

Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? BanWhats the best big bike after passin your Test? BanWhats the best big bike after passin your Test? BanWhats the best big bike after passin your Test? BanWhats the best big bike after passin your Test? BanWhats the best big bike after passin your Test? BanWhats the best big bike after passin your Test? BanWhats the best big bike after passin your Test? Ban
Back to top Go down
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O
RedZ

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 4:27 am

Yeah ban him, having his opinionated opinion, what is he playing at?! But let him come and help me work on my nephews ped first. clown
Back to top Go down
S I N C E R R E
C.E.O
C.E.O
S I N C E R R E

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 4:46 am

RedZ wrote:
Yeah ban him, having his opinionated opinion, what is he playing at?! But let him come and help me work on my nephews ped first. clown

Aiiight den bwoooosssss maaaaannn!! Give me the ol' two rings when hes finished and i'll get it done!!!
Back to top Go down
Dam0n
Prospect
Prospect
Dam0n

Male Age : 33
Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 5:27 am

I went straight from a 125 to an oldish fireblade. I never looked back...

I was too scared to. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifepersonaltraining.co.uk
Afro
Forum Member
Forum Member
Afro

Male Location : Southend

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 10:18 am

It does depend on what you want but I'd say a cheapish, light bike with a decent amount of power but not so much to intimidate the new rider, is probably the best choice for a beginner.

It's why the SV650 is one of the best selling all rounders.

Like said, something unfaired may be a good choice too as at some point everyone drops their bike..There's a statistic for the probability of a newly qualified rider having an accident, but I can't remember it.

My girlfriend is doing her CBT at the moment and is keen to get the full licence after that.

She likes the Kawasaki Ninja 250R which looks great and handles nicely with enough power to have a lot of fun on still.

Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? 2008-kawasaki-ninja-250r

afro
Back to top Go down
S I N C E R R E
C.E.O
C.E.O
S I N C E R R E

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 10:25 am

Afro your girlfriend has good taste... thats a great bike to start on... tell her to get it in the electric candy blue!!!
Back to top Go down
Afro
Forum Member
Forum Member
Afro

Male Location : Southend

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:28 pm

S I N C E R E wrote:
Afro your girlfriend has good taste... thats a great bike to start on... tell her to get it in the electric candy blue!!!

Yep...That's the colour she'll probably get, but bro black bikes are fastest cheers
Back to top Go down
S I N C E R R E
C.E.O
C.E.O
S I N C E R R E

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:37 pm

LOL black bikes are not the one mate....
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptySat May 02, 2009 12:17 am

S I N C E R E wrote:
LOL black bikes are not the one mate....

lol keep drinkin ur haterade Razz
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:22 am

RedZ check this out:

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/products/motorcycles/xj_series/xj6-abs.jsp

nice IL4 bike and pretty cheap brand new! and it looks pretty good i think! it also packs a bit more power than the MT-03
Back to top Go down
S I N C E R R E
C.E.O
C.E.O
S I N C E R R E

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? Kawasaki_Ninja_250_R
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 6:21 pm

those ninja 250's r well nice, i was tempted to get one after passing my 33hp test! only problem was i could only buy them brand new!

they r selling real big stateside though! never seen one on uk roads unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?   Whats the best big bike after passin your Test? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the best big bike after passin your Test?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freedom Rydaz :: Bike Related :: General Bike Talk-
Jump to: