Freedom Rydaz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Has Facebook killed the forum?
various mods ive done EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 am by CraigB

» Yamaha R1 Back in Black
various mods ive done EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm by RedZ

» Had my first proper off... On track
various mods ive done EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm by Dam0n

» Couple of wheelie pics...
various mods ive done EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am by RedZ

» Harder accelleration
various mods ive done EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 am by Dam0n

» Brightonia sunday 10th October
various mods ive done EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:42 am by guitarman

» Hi all - another addition to the 125 massive
various mods ive done EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 pm by BADWOLF

» big ride out today sunday 11th
various mods ive done EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm by CraigB

» Tattoo Convention
various mods ive done EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 am by RedZ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

various mods ive done

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shiver85
Forum Member
Forum Member
shiver85

Male

various mods ive done Empty
PostSubject: various mods ive done   various mods ive done EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 3:17 pm

well i thought id write this up to give people an idea what mods can be done yourself and what to get someone who knows what there doing to do it instead. ive had to find out the hard way with all of this so take note:

double bubble screen - very easy unscrew screen and replace - 10minute job
front fender extender - easy depends how you fix it i drilled some holes and used self taping silver screws to fit it some glue it on - 15 minutes
braided front brake lines moderate - this depends if you know how to bleed brakes if not stay clear from doing it yourself as brake fluid on your discs and pads are very bad - 1 hour
K&N air filter - easy - lift the tank up undo the lid of the air box remove the old filter and o ring seal in the lid and base of the box then place the new filter and put all back together - 15 minutes
new indicators - easy - with newer bikes these days its just a plug and play method no cutting wires or anything like that (as long as you have the right connections) once fitted check to see if they flash at the right speed as before as some bikes need a diod fitted to slow the flasher unit down - 10 mins
seat cowl, solo seat hump etc - very easy you cant get this wrong just remove old seat and place new one on - 1min job
rear hugger medium - these can be a pain not because its hard to do but because each bike has a different way of fitting and mine consisted of a bracket being made up and some holes drilled but once it was all lined up it does a good job and looks good - 1 hour
oxford heated grips moderate - pain in the but from start to finish you have to take off your old grips file down the throttle plastic sleeve file the inside of the grips as they arnt finished by oxford Mad then the fun part of trying to glue them on without it setting before youve got them on and making sure their in the write position otherwise you wont have an throttle, all in all great item just not much fun - 2 hours
undertray hard*** i now know why there are people out there offering a service to fit these, its because you have to get the whole back end apart stripped down with all bits and pieces flapping around, cut down the old undertray which has the battery box fit that back in, try to hold all the electrics out of the way while you find a place to mount the new tray then get the cowling back on and in place argh it wasnt fun took many of attempts to get it all back to how i wanted it and ill never be fitting one again!! - 4-5 hours
R&G crash mushrooms - medium - this varies from bike to bike but mine was interesting as i had to have all my engine mount bolts undone including the big daddy bolt that went through the frame and engine to replace the huge stud, luckily the engine stayed in when i removed them and nothing went wrong - 45mins
datatool system 4 alarm - hard - i didnt fit this alarm but watched it being done and fitted my brothers alarm back in the day which was quite easy but this new one was the same but id leave it to a pro - 3 hours
tail tidy - medium - abit fiddly to do but worth whille always buy one for your bike and not a universal one and they look cheap and nasty - 45minutes
Back to top Go down
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O
RedZ

Male Location : Portmore

PostSubject: Re: various mods ive done   various mods ive done EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Good write up fam! One day I'll take time and write up the mods I've done. I gotta say that is very fullfilling working on your own bike and saves you some dollars!
Back to top Go down
https://freedomrydaz.forumotion.net
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Male Age : 35
Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: various mods ive done   various mods ive done EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:08 am

nice mods, good to know how long they all take as well..im surprised about the undertray!

Also you forgot to mention about making those downpipes super-shiny!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bikepics.com/members/pre/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: various mods ive done   various mods ive done Empty

Back to top Go down

various mods ive done
Page 1 of 1