Freedom Rydaz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Has Facebook killed the forum?
Hi All, this is my intro EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 am by CraigB

» Yamaha R1 Back in Black
Hi All, this is my intro EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm by RedZ

» Had my first proper off... On track
Hi All, this is my intro EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm by Dam0n

» Couple of wheelie pics...
Hi All, this is my intro EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am by RedZ

» Harder accelleration
Hi All, this is my intro EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 am by Dam0n

» Brightonia sunday 10th October
Hi All, this is my intro EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:42 am by guitarman

» Hi all - another addition to the 125 massive
Hi All, this is my intro EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 pm by BADWOLF

» big ride out today sunday 11th
Hi All, this is my intro EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm by CraigB

» Tattoo Convention
Hi All, this is my intro EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 am by RedZ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Hi All, this is my intro

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spacey
Forum Member
Forum Member
Spacey

Male Age : 34
Aries Horse

Hi All, this is my intro Empty
PostSubject: Hi All, this is my intro   Hi All, this is my intro EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:46 am

First off, I just wanna say what a good idea having this type of group is. Bikers do get a real bad image.

I am fairly new to riding bikes; I passed my CBT back in Oct 2007 and bought a Yamaha YBR 125 new from a shop in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire in April of 2008. I passed the test in Oct after riding for about 4-5 months of riding.

That bike is now broken and in my garage from riding all the way down to Bristol and back.. 2ice this summer. Until yesterday I didn't have a job and so getting even a slightly bigger bike that could cope with motorways wasn't an option.

Now I will be working as close to full time as making no difference, I am looking to buy an old Suzuki GS 850 GL 1981 from a friend who's dad left it to him when he bailed on him mum as boy. It has been sitting in a garage for the last 12 years. It has about 20k on the clock and he wants £750 for it, but it would need some patching up before I could ride it. (Possibly new tires, Ignition system and restriction to 33bhp (until Oct of next year)

I would like to ask the opinions of people who know something about bikes lol, do you think buying this bike is a good idea?

Thanks for your help in advance. If and when I get this (or another) bigger bike, I would very defiantly be interested in coming on ride outs etc.

Yours, Spacey
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Male Age : 35
Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, this is my intro   Hi All, this is my intro EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 11:21 am

Hi Spacey,
welcome to FR, there are quite a few of us on our A2 licenses here if u need any tips on what to get!
unfortunately i dont know much about the bike you're thinking of getting but as long as the people who used it showed it reasonable TLC im sure it can get started up again!
if you have facebook do become a fan of us at:
www.facebook.com/freedomrydaz
our updates will let you know of any rides or meets me have! hope to meet you soon mate

PRE

oh and also u dont need a big bike or well a bike at all to come to our meets, we have people driving or cycling up even, and our rides are good for all [trust me because i ride a CBR125R!] lol cya
Back to top Go down
http://www.bikepics.com/members/pre/
Spacey
Forum Member
Forum Member
Spacey

Aries Horse

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, this is my intro   Hi All, this is my intro EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 11:37 am

Cheers PRE Smile

The Facebook group is how I found this forum in the first place Very Happy I think it might have been in the classified adds bit on the side. Very Happy

Anyway, I was told that there is a test between A2 and full A? I am a little confused.

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, this is my intro   Hi All, this is my intro EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 3:40 pm

cool stuff!
how old are ya?
if you are under 21 then you have to just wait your 2 years...however if you turn 21 during the 2 years you can do your DAS and get on big bikes straight away! but its costly!
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Forum Member
Forum Member
Spacey

Aries Horse

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, this is my intro   Hi All, this is my intro EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 4:09 pm

So.. After the 2 years I will be 20.. I am 19 now, had my first year pass in Oct. Will I suddenly be able to jump on any bike at that takes my fancy and ride off on it? Or is there a like.. something I need to go though for that?

How would I get my license updated? Haha! I didn't realise I had so many questions.

Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, this is my intro   Hi All, this is my intro EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:43 pm

great...yep once you get to ocotober 2010...as far as i know [although im waiting till next april for mine to de-restrict so ur better off asking me then!] ...you just send your license to the DVLA and they erase the restriction code, and yep ride whatever takes your fancy!
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Forum Member
Forum Member
Spacey

Aries Horse

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, this is my intro   Hi All, this is my intro EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:45 pm

Sweet!

Just I heard something about another proficiency test thats all Smile

I think I will do some reading up on it actually. I'll post.
Back to top Go down
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Male Age : 114
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, this is my intro   Hi All, this is my intro EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 7:18 pm

hello and welcome. i know nothing about bikes...... no really lol
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Forum Member
Forum Member
Spacey

Aries Horse

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, this is my intro   Hi All, this is my intro EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 12:59 pm

Sent an email to the DVLA. You can just jump on any bike and ride as soon as the 2 years are up Smile

You can send your license in and have them take the power limit symbols off for £20 but you don't have to. Good times!
Back to top Go down
PRE
Vested Member
Vested Member
PRE

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, this is my intro   Hi All, this is my intro EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:58 am

great, i didnt know the exact procedures either! awesome
Back to top Go down
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O
RedZ

Male Location : Portmore

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, this is my intro   Hi All, this is my intro EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Very Happy You'll find a reall friendly bunch of bikers on here. Do try to make it to a monthly meet, dont wait until your riding I am currently off the road due to medical reasons but I'll be back in April bounce
Back to top Go down
https://freedomrydaz.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, this is my intro   Hi All, this is my intro Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi All, this is my intro
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freedom Rydaz :: Welcome, new arrivals please read this section. :: Introductions-
Jump to: