Freedom Rydaz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Has Facebook killed the forum?
Beware of the 'Black Rat' EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 am by CraigB

» Yamaha R1 Back in Black
Beware of the 'Black Rat' EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm by RedZ

» Had my first proper off... On track
Beware of the 'Black Rat' EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm by Dam0n

» Couple of wheelie pics...
Beware of the 'Black Rat' EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am by RedZ

» Harder accelleration
Beware of the 'Black Rat' EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 am by Dam0n

» Brightonia sunday 10th October
Beware of the 'Black Rat' EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:42 am by guitarman

» Hi all - another addition to the 125 massive
Beware of the 'Black Rat' EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 pm by BADWOLF

» big ride out today sunday 11th
Beware of the 'Black Rat' EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm by CraigB

» Tattoo Convention
Beware of the 'Black Rat' EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 am by RedZ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Beware of the 'Black Rat'

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
S I N C E R R E
C.E.O
C.E.O
S I N C E R R E

Male Age : 37
Gemini Tiger

Beware of the 'Black Rat' Empty
PostSubject: Beware of the 'Black Rat'   Beware of the 'Black Rat' EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 6:31 pm

With all this talk about undercover police on bikes i thought it would be handy for some to know about the Black Rat decal.

The Black Rat is the official 'unofficial' trade mark of the traffic officer. However a lot of officers now have these on their car.

Having this sticker on the rear windscreen may help the unsuspecting officer know you are on the same side,

The sticker is not a legal sign or the equivalent of a warrant card, so anyone could have this sticker on their windscreen.

Be careful which one you buy though. The one that is recognised is the round version that sticks to the inside of the windscreen, not the one that is stuck to the outside.

Unfortunately GATSO doesnt recognise the sticker, so you will still have to drive slowly near speedcamera's!!!

These stickers have become devalued by their availability, mainly through eBay.

There used to be a time (so I'm told) when if you saw a car with a Black Rat sticker on you knew that it was going to be a bobby and more likley a traffic bobby. That meant that you shouldn't be surprised to see it out and about at strange times of day or shouldn't get concerned to see it parked near a police station for a long time. Alsok you knew that there was very little point in stopping it to check it for a routine document check. The stickers do not, and never have, got people off offences.

As they are so easily available now though, and anyone can buy them on eBay they've got no point and all it's done has meant that bobby's get stopped more often as you never know if it's a bobby or not with the sticker in the window. I must admit that I'm suspicious of members of the public who have this kind of sticker in their car as I wonder what other motive they could have other than trying to get off with offences, so they get checked more thoroughly!

I would not personally recommend having one of these on your bike as not only do i not think it will help you but i think it could land you in alot more hastle plus the fact that you will be targeted by criminals as you will be advertising the fact that you are supposidly an officer of the law.

These could have positive or negative effects so its down to you, it is not an offense but is it really worth it?

My reason for posting this is because of all of the undercover police officers on bikes. So if you do see a bike with this black rat sticker on... BEWARE!!

They DO NOT just ride triumphs, they have R1's, GSXR's, and even the new Blade and a Harley Davidson so be careful as you never know who is riding behind you!!

Beware of the 'Black Rat' B328_1
Back to top Go down
http://www.FreedomRydaz.co.uk
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Male Age : 114
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the 'Black Rat'   Beware of the 'Black Rat' EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:18 pm

my uncle was a cop for about 30 years and told me about the black rats. he have me a sticker but I lost it so never put it anywhere. but like you id be worried with leaving the car/bike anywhere as well. he also said that when you get pulled over they'll ask where you got the sticker from and if your not a cop who do you know that is and where.
Back to top Go down
BigB
Forum Member
Forum Member
BigB

Male Age : 35
Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the 'Black Rat'   Beware of the 'Black Rat' EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 6:23 am

I ... erm someone i know who is very close to me ... has this sticker on my.. errrr they're helmet Smile this person is not a copper
Back to top Go down
Dam0n
Prospect
Prospect
Dam0n

Male Age : 33
Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the 'Black Rat'   Beware of the 'Black Rat' EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 9:02 am

I've always had one of those on the back of my RS. Never had any problems what so ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifepersonaltraining.co.uk
kneedown
Forum Member
Forum Member
kneedown

Male Age : 31
Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the 'Black Rat'   Beware of the 'Black Rat' EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:07 am

Im getting some Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware of the 'Black Rat'   Beware of the 'Black Rat' Empty

Back to top Go down

Beware of the 'Black Rat'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freedom Rydaz :: Help and Advice :: General advice-
Jump to: