HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Has Facebook killed the forum?
Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 am by CraigB

» Yamaha R1 Back in Black
Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm by RedZ

» Had my first proper off... On track
Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm by Dam0n

» Couple of wheelie pics...
Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am by RedZ

» Harder accelleration
Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 am by Dam0n

» Brightonia sunday 10th October
Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:42 am by guitarman

» Hi all - another addition to the 125 massive
Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 pm by BADWOLF

» big ride out today sunday 11th
Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm by CraigB

» Tattoo Convention
Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 am by RedZ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

My bike project, Fireblade...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dam0n
Prospect
Prospect

Male Age : 26
Leo Horse

PostSubject: My bike project, Fireblade...   Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:45 am

As some of you may know, myself and my uncle were given a 96 blade as a gift for painting the interior of his house. When picked it up it was in a sorry state. Twisted forks and buggered yolks were the main concern, but as we have now confirmed, the fame is all fine and straight. She looked like this when we picked her up.

Finally, after sourcing some new parts we have managed to get it looking almost like a bike. It's had new battery, yolks, clutch cover, head bearings and new forks. Also managed to get hold of a 17" wheel that has already been converted to run on the blades setup too. Will post some more pics when it arrives.

So here she is at the moment. Starts up and sounds lovely. Forks are off to Ktech at the end of the month for a rebuild + respring/valve. Got a set of new (race scrubs) diablo supercorsas to fit and we are go go go.

By the way, If anyone is interested, I can get hold of Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa race scrubs for £90 a pair and may be able to get hold of a set of metzeler racetecs for the same price. All have good tread with typically 4/5mm of tread left. Get back to me if you are interested. They are in sizes 120/70-17 and 180/55-17. Will fit most litre sports bikes

Cheers guys bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lifepersonaltraining.co.uk
Dam0n
Prospect
Prospect

Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: My bike project, Fireblade...   Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:55 am

Just to let you know, here is the tread pattern of the Pirelli's. I get them from a kawasaki race team with a big budget, meaning they have only been used for practice/ 1 race. I have them fitted my R1 at the moment and cant fault them

Also, for those who dont know, the Metzeler racetecs look like this. I can only get one set for the moment. Though Keep bugging me and I'll see if i can get any more.

Cheers,

Damon
Back to top Go down
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O

Male Location : Portmore

PostSubject: Re: My bike project, Fireblade...   Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:15 pm

All I can say is STUNT BIKE!!!! What a great opportunity to build a bike, looking good man

Dam0n
Prospect
Prospect

Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: My bike project, Fireblade...   Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Yeah stunt bike indeed. We are going to leave it semi naked as It looks great, and plastics are quite expensive.

UPDATE 24th Feb 2010

Today we took the old wheel off and fitted the new 17" wheel conversion. Fitted without too much hassle; nothing a club hammer couldn't sort out anyway...

I'm pleased to say everything lines up and is straight so we are all go go go. Front brake calipers are now off and at home where I will be splitting, cleaning and rebuilding. I suppose I could do a HOW TO on brake caliper overhauling if anyone wants to learn. Electircs were played with and we managed to get it started and running brilliantly. Idles for england and is very responsive. Starts first time on the button now which is great.

Need a couple more bits/ tidying up and its ready for its MOT. I need some help regarding a headlight however. Saj, what can you sell me that will look nice and pass a MOT. nothing chrome please Rolling Eyes

So here is she is. Has come a long way from the first picture. I'll bring her down to a meet when all is taxed and tested

Back to top Go down
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O

Male Location : Portmore

PostSubject: Re: My bike project, Fireblade...   Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:17 am

I want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do a how to if you can with pics, would be real helpful to someone without a doubt, There is a 'How to' section on here somewhere scratch study

Whats your plana when she's finished, keep, sell or stunt king

Dam0n
Prospect
Prospect

Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: My bike project, Fireblade...   Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:43 am

The plan is to get it road legal then prep it for track. It will be a cheap and cheerful track bike that doubles up as a stuntbike/ road bike off track. bounce

I'll write the brake overhaul HOW TO when I get a chance to look at the brakes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My bike project, Fireblade...   Today at 9:18 pm

Back to top Go down

My bike project, Fireblade...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1