Freedom Rydaz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Has Facebook killed the forum?
Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 am by CraigB

» Yamaha R1 Back in Black
Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm by RedZ

» Had my first proper off... On track
Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm by Dam0n

» Couple of wheelie pics...
Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 am by RedZ

» Harder accelleration
Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 am by Dam0n

» Brightonia sunday 10th October
Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:42 am by guitarman

» Hi all - another addition to the 125 massive
Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 pm by BADWOLF

» big ride out today sunday 11th
Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm by CraigB

» Tattoo Convention
Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 am by RedZ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date

Go down 
+6
125Girl
bikerbabe600
RedZ
BADWOLF
shilohman
Afro
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Afro
Forum Member
Forum Member
Afro

Male Location : Southend

Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date Empty
PostSubject: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:57 pm

I was at Redz's house today and the topic of mentoring came up.

We both feel that with our collective riding experience, we would really enjoy giving any riders that want a confidence boost on their bikes, a day out covering aspects such as cornering, hard braking (emergency stopping) and defensive riding, amongst other aspects.

Jason has been riding for well over 20 years (old man tongue ) in all weathers working as a courier for much of his riding career. He has honed his defensive riding skills over this time and is a good person to talk to when it comes to staying safe on your bike if you ride in town traffic.

Myself, I've only been riding 5 years admittedly, but in that time I have completed Bikesafe (twice) and done Levels 1 and 2 training with the California Superbike School. I've also done over 20 track days at tracks around the country (Brands, Mallory, Snetterton, Cadwell, Donington, Silverstone) and I am a confident Intermediate to Advanced group rider.

I believe I can give tips on how to be more confident through corners.

If any of you are interested in attending such a day, please put your names down here so that we can gauge interest.

All you'll need on the day is you, your bike and a bit of money for lunch.

The date is to be announced, but me and Redz were thinking towards the end of May on a weekend day.

Cheers.

afro
Back to top Go down
shilohman
Sgt. at Arms
Sgt. at Arms
shilohman

Male Age : 53
Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:30 pm

count me in bro. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Male Age : 114
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Afro wrote:
I was at Redz's house today and the topic of mentoring came up.

We both feel that with our collective riding experience, we would really enjoy giving any riders that want a confidence boost on their bikes, a day out covering aspects such as cornering, hard braking (emergency stopping) and defensive riding, amongst other aspects.

Jason has been riding for well over 20 years (old man tongue ) in all weathers working as a courier for much of his riding career. He has honed his defensive riding skills over this time and is a good person to talk to when it comes to staying safe on your bike if you ride in town traffic.

Myself, I've only been riding 5 years admittedly, but in that time I have completed Bikesafe (twice) and done Levels 1 and 2 training with the California Superbike School. I've also done over 20 track days at tracks around the country (Brands, Mallory, Snetterton, Cadwell, Donington, Silverstone) and I am a confident Intermediate to Advanced group rider.

I believe I can give tips on how to be more confident through corners.

If any of you are interested in attending such a day, please put your names down here so that we can gauge interest.

All you'll need on the day is you, your bike and a bit of money for lunch.

The date is to be announced, but me and Redz were thinking towards the end of May on a weekend day.

Cheers.

afro

sounds like fun. do you guys know how to back it in as im trying to learn it? I know how to do it in my head but getting it out is harder. lol
Back to top Go down
Afro
Forum Member
Forum Member
Afro

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:56 pm

BADWOLF wrote:

sounds like fun. do you guys know how to back it in as im trying to learn it? I know how to do it in my head but getting it out is harder. lol

Short answer is no mate...And we'd only recommend that for the track...This is more a road skills day.

I've done a cheap man backing it in on a bicycle by using the rear brake to lock the wheel and send it out of alignment....That works on motorbikes too.

The bike racers do it using power...Like drifting in a car.

More balls than I have.

Check this video

Back to top Go down
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O
RedZ

Male Location : Portmore

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:20 pm

Please just add your names here (copy and paste),
We can discuss content later or feel free to PM myself or Afro with any questions related to the mentoring day. Please note this is differant from a mentoring ride as we will have specific subjects to deal with and we will spend a day on it.

This list is for people wishing to take part only:

Shilohman
Back to top Go down
https://freedomrydaz.forumotion.net
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:04 am

Afro wrote:
BADWOLF wrote:

Short answer is no mate...And we'd only recommend that for the track...This is more a road skills day.

I've done a cheap man backing it in on a bicycle by using the rear brake to lock the wheel and send it out of alignment....That works on motorbikes too.

The bike racers do it using power...Like drifting in a car.

More balls than I have.

Check this video

locking the back at speed is very bad not only that costs money too.
to back it in you need lots of front brake so the back goes lite. drop 2 gears, moderate the clutch so the rear wheel is spinning slower. as it starts to step out lean it over. sounds easy but I can't do it .......... yet
Back to top Go down
bikerbabe600
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator
bikerbabe600

Female Age : 59
Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptySat May 02, 2009 4:37 pm

I'm definately up for that...count me in too bounce
Back to top Go down
125Girl
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyMon May 18, 2009 6:05 am

Sounds like fun - count me in if I can keep up on my 125 Smile

Cornering seems to be my biggest issue - if it is a blind corner I slow down too much so some expert advice would go down nicely!
Back to top Go down
Airwane
Prospect
Prospect
Airwane

Male Age : 41
Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyFri May 22, 2009 3:26 am

So those this still on?? end of may is here. I'm in
Back to top Go down
http://www.airwane.com
bikerbabe600
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator
bikerbabe600

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyFri May 22, 2009 3:31 am

Have you got a date yet for this?
Back to top Go down
shiver85
Forum Member
Forum Member
shiver85

Male

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyFri May 22, 2009 3:37 am

you never know i might be about for this one gotta help out where i can
Back to top Go down
bikerbabe600
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator
bikerbabe600

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyFri May 22, 2009 3:47 am

You gotta rest your arm young man....I don't wanna see you on that bike until you are much better xx
Back to top Go down
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:48 am

bikerbabe600 wrote:
You gotta rest your arm young man....I don't wanna see you on that bike until you are much better xx

yes mum lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bikerbabe600
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator
bikerbabe600

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:49 am

Well you know what you men are like....you need looking after xx
Back to top Go down
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O
RedZ

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:59 am

The first FR mentoring ride is on May 31st, click here for details.
This ride is for 125's and restricted bikes, larger bikes are welcome to put thier name down on a reserve list but priority will be given to the small bikes and restricted ones. The group will only be 7 bikes including the 2 mentors.

A mentoring ride for larger bikes is being planned and details will be posted soon, it will be aimed at the less experienced rider looking at cornering, overtaking, defensive riding etc

Watch this spae Shocked
Back to top Go down
BADWOLF
Vested Member
Vested Member
BADWOLF

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptyFri May 22, 2009 10:05 am

bikerbabe600 wrote:
Well you know what you men are like....you need looking after xx

isn't that the truth and we enjoy it too, sometimes lol
Back to top Go down
Afro
Forum Member
Forum Member
Afro

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptySat May 30, 2009 7:55 pm

Sorry guys but I'm gonna have to bail on this one.

I've been working all day on my bike but I've still got problems with it.

Will make the next day for sure.

Apologies Sad
Back to top Go down
Day Release
Forum Member
Forum Member
Day Release

Female Age : 34
Capricorn Snake

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:03 am

RedZ wrote:
The first FR mentoring ride is on May 31st, click here for details.
This ride is for 125's and restricted bikes, larger bikes are welcome to put thier name down on a reserve list but priority will be given to the small bikes and restricted ones. The group will only be 7 bikes including the 2 mentors.

A mentoring ride for larger bikes is being planned and details will be posted soon, it will be aimed at the less experienced rider looking at cornering, overtaking, defensive riding etc

Watch this spae Shocked

I really feel that i need a mentor as well.I'm really not that confident with my riding . Can i put my name down for this ? As far as i know i haven't got anything plan for that day.
Back to top Go down
CraigB
Vested Member
Vested Member
CraigB

Male Age : 32
Sagittarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:04 am

I think this was may last year lol But im sure something new will come up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RedZ
C.E.O
C.E.O
RedZ

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:14 pm

Yeah for real, this was last year BUT we will be planning some mentoring rides 2010 style Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date   Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date Empty

Back to top Go down

Freedom Rydaz - Mentoring Day - end of May date
Page 1 of 1